The GoToTags Store can print variable elements on many custom tag products. Each product has its own requirements and restrictions for the types of variable data that can be printed and other limitations such as font, color, orientation, size and print technology.
An additional fee, usually of $0.04 USD per tag will be added for custom tags printed with variable elements.
Examples of Printed Variable Data
The following types of variable elements can be printed:
- Text (names, address, phone, urls…)
- IDs (serial numbers, unique ids)
- Barcodes (QR Code, Data Matrix, Code 128…)
- Photos (headshots…)
To order a custom printed product with variable data:
- Create the artwork file using Photoshop or Illustrator
- For each variable element; create a layer with a placeholder example of the variable printed element. The layer should be named with a suffix of EXAMPLE. The placeholder should be in the desired position, size, color and font. Its best to use a real example of a variable data item.
- Create a file with the full range of variable data in a separate Excel or text file. If the tags will be encoded, this data must be defined in the NFC Tags Encoding file such that the variable data can be correlated to the encoding data. If the NFC tags not encoded, the variable data can be provided in a separate Excel or text files.
- Place the order on the Store; either self-service or via the sales team
- Submit your files (encoding, artwork and variable data) via the Submit Order Files form
- The files will be reviewed as a part of the order review process